Saturday, May 9, 2009

"It's Happening"

At about 11:00 pm on Friday, May 8th the contractions began. They were bad. Physically I have never experienced this kind of pain, I didn't know what to do. I woke up from the pain and all I needed was my Trey. I couldn't get comfortable, I just cried out for some relief. I went to the bathroom and stayed there. As awkward as that may seem, it was the only "comfortable" place to me. I sat there in agony, tears rolling down my face and my husband desperately wanting to take the pain away, but he couldn't. I asked him if he would get me my Ipod, he willing jumped up to give it to me.

All I could think about was praising the sweet name of Jesus. Trey was willing to sit there with me but I told him, "just go back to bed." He has not slept well either and I didn't want to take away from him anymore. As I sat there, I just cried and worshipped my King, my Lord, my Savior, the Giver of Life. I couldn't believe the relief that overtook my body as I sat there, hands raised, praising the one who gave his life up for me. It was a sweet time I had even in the midst of the storm. It was just me, my baby & Jesus. Nothing, at that point, seemed sweeter to me.

At about 2:00am, still sitting in the bathroom, I called out to Trey, "It's happening." Not sure how long it will take, all I know is that I'm still worshipping my King and giving him ALL the glory!
It seems like the best worship times I have had with Jesus over the years have come when I have chosen to praise him in the storm.

Will you choose to praise Him in the storm?


In Him,

~Jenni~

1 comment:

jillpate said...

Oh Jenni.......as I sit here in tears reading about your tragedy I don't think that I am crying because of your loss but because of your undeniable relationship with the Father. I am encouraged tremendously and pray that the Father will heal your broken heart and someday fill yours and Trey's home with little ones to love and protect.

Grace and PEACE my friend,
Jill Pate
Momentum Christian Church Family