Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Moved to tears...

It's been an emotional last few weeks for me. Not because I am sad but because I'm blown away by God's constant faithfulness in my life. Last Wednesday Bear had his EEG and the night before I laid in bed and was looking through pictures of me carrying Bear all the way till now and the flood gates opened. Trey was next to me and asked me if I was ok and I was, just extremely grateful.

Have you ever been there? Where your heart is so full from seeing God move mightily in your life that you just can't help but cry...weep? If you have then I'm sure you are totally relating to me right now.

Yesterday I met a little boy who had Cerebral Palsy. As he laid across me I couldn't help but want to lay hands on him and pray but I was so overcome with emotion that I couldn't get words out. I could barely say 'Jesus.' I was trying to fight back the tears but the harder I tried the more they came out. My heart was heavy and I just really needed God's healing hand to be upon this boy. I can't imagine what his parents face or deal with on a daily basis but I do know that God still heals and in that moment there was nothing I wanted more then to see that boy healed.totally.by the blood of Jesus.
I was that much more moved when Bear came over and placed his head against the little boy's head for a good 15 seconds. I didn't ask him to he just did it.
In that moment, I was reminded of when we were in the NICU with Bear still waiting on news about his ears and tests etc...when our Pastor's wife and friend texted us and told us that she had all the little children in the kids room praying for Bear. The amazing part of this story was that they all had their hands placed over their ears praying for him. Chills. And yet here I was, trying to pray and my son came over and in his own way reached out to this little boy. Talk about fighting back tears. Whew.

If there is anything I desire for Bear it is that he understands, at a very young age, who the Spirit is and what He is capable of doing when we allow ourselves to become open to his moving. I'm thankful that we are part of a church body who instills this in our children at a very young age. There is something about the acts of a child that touch the heart of God.


Matthew 18:1-2
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.


Just think on this, why would God call us to become like little children in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven? 




Acts 2:17‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams...'

If we ever needed a move of the Spirit we need it now; in our families, on our jobs, and in this country. However, it won't happen if we shy away from who the Spirit is and what He has come to do in us and through us. We are here to be vessels of his light. So shine BRIGHT! 


~Jenni~

No comments: