Thursday, May 24, 2012

Honored.

I'm sure you can relate but we will see.  Has there ever been a time in your life where you felt not good enough, incapable or unworthy? I have. In some cases it's because I have allowed others to make me feel that way or it may have just been the overwhelming feeling of being a momma, wife, friend  etc.. getting to me on a bad day. Either way all of it is untrue.
No one can make me or you  feel incapable, not good enough or even unworthy unless I or you give place to other peoples ignorance.
Praise the Lord I don't give place to people's stupidity anymore. I told y'all this was a new year for me. :)

Anyways, this Mother's Day I just reflected on my relationship with my son and how much I have invested into his life and will continue to do so for the rest of his life...well, at least until he turns 18 and then I will let him come to me when he wants his momma's advice. During those moments of reflection I was reminded of a friend who told me what a GREAT JOB I was doing with Bear. This was during a time when I needed it the most and I know it was God's way of using this person to reassure me that I really was and is my son's biggest advocate. Mind you, I am not the person who fishes for compliments from people, so when it happens I respond humbly and almost bashfully because it really comes unexpected to me. My husband is infamous for calling me out in front of others (in a good way of course) by saying to so and so, "doesn't my wife look great?" Which in turn causes me to cringe and probably puts the other person in an awkward position because then they feel obligated to say, "why, yes she does!" I mean even if they didn't think so who would say, "well, of course she doesn't?" Know what I mean? lol Rabbit trail sorry.
What I was trying to get at is that I really didn't expect the "you are doing a GREAT JOB with Bear" comment but it really made me feel good because someone else was applauding me for the fact that I was doing everything in my power to make sure I was doing the best for my son. I had a cheerleader! lol
There was a time in my life growing up that I placed a lot of expectations on loved ones in my life and they failed me. To the point where I was so completely devastated that I felt like the world was caving in on me. My husband even told me the same thing. So, when I say that I really don't place expectations on people anymore I don't. I don't want the heart ache. I don't want to relive certain times in my life especially when I feel like God has blessed me with a "new" life. So, I choose to live my life doing what I think God would have me to do when it comes to being a wife and mom. The fact is the Lord compliments me everyday I just need to stop and listen! He does the same for you too! :)

The task of motherhood is obviously not easy. But truthfully what good thing in life comes easy? It's an around the clock "job" and it never ends. However, I don't want it to. I LOVE being a mom. I LOVE knowing that the Lord is my "go to man" when it comes to raising Bear, that He is my source of getting this mom thing right--not perfected, but right. I LOVE telling Bear a million times a day how much I love him...to infinity and beyond of course! I LOVE the fact that he (when he is in the mood) kisses me first with his mouth closed-- lips puckered and if I am lucky I'll get another one with his mouth WIDE open--praying that he doesn't bite my lips off...yes-- he has unintentionally bitten my lips before. I LOVE how he really is attached to Trey and I and cries when we walk out of a room. That's genuine LOVE right there and I pray that my son always knows what that kind of love feels like. First from his Heavenly Father and then from us--his Earthly Parents.
I "secretly" cried when I saw his sweet face that Sunday morning. A total blessing from God...is my son, Bear.
I'm just thankful that the Lord has shown me what it means to be a godly mom to Bear. I want Bear to see godliness in me everyday and during my bad days I hope he still sees some of  Jesus in me.  I have two little eyes watching me around the clock and I want nothing more then for him to see his Jesus in me on a daily basis.

I jokingly tell Trey on occasion "I'm clocking out" but the truth is it never happens and it certainly didn't happen on Mother's Day! How could I Bear's the reason I celebrate being a momma!

I hope all of you mom's had an amazing day!

~Jenni~


No comments: