Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Savannah, GA

What a time we had in Savannah. It was our first mini vacation since Bear was born. It was good for me, good for Trey and GREAT for our marriage.

Seeing as though Trey does business with hotels he was able to get us a deal on a hotel that backed up to the river- The Grand Bohemian. It was absolutely beautiful--different, but beautiful!
We walked, saw a Christmas Musical, ate at Lady and Son's, ate some more, saw New Year's Eve and just really enjoyed the time we had with each other. No real worries....reality kind of left me for those 2 days and it was nice.

It was as if I was a teenager again and the only worry I had was putting gas in my car. I laugh at that thought. You know what I mean?

Here's some pics to highlight our trip!


 That was our view from our room.
Me and Trey with Paula. Something is wrong with this picture..She and I look the same size and I'm pretty sure she is a tad bit bigger then me. Observation made solely on watching her "cook in the kitchen." :)

Man vs. food recently appeared at Sweet Potatoes. They are known for their banana pudding but their Peach BBQ sauce was so TASTY! It was a very light sauce and the peach added some sweetness to it. YUM!
Our last night in Savannah...we ate at Vic's on the River. By far the best food we ate on our trip. Great ambiance, prices were very reasonable and it was just the two of us. It was a great way to end our trip!

Looking forward to our next getaway!

No comments: